FP&A (Customer Care), Analyst at Alto Pharmacy
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
Alto is building the world's most patient-centric, tech enabled pharmacy, and we are seeking an FP&A (Customer Care) Analyst to be a key member of our quickly growing FP&A team. You will be responsible for building and maintaining all revenue and demand planning and for preparing analysis to drive optimized decision-making and assess business development opportunities.
You will help create the framework to measure the success of therapeutic areas, return on Sales initiatives and marketing investments, and the preparation and design of our next generation of business metrics, reporting and forecasting models. As a result, you will gain exposure to senior-level decision making and develop lasting relationships across the company.
The ideal candidate needs to be a dynamic self starter with a passion for continuous process improvement in a fast paced, high growth environment, and the ability to clearly communicate deliverables and recommendations.
- Work closely with Finance and Operations leadership to own, build and evolve complex financial models, budgeting processes and forecast for the Customer Care department (including resource planning, workflow management etc)
- Develop a stable cadence with business partners to review monthly actuals, update forecast and deliver monthly reporting of headcount, spend and capital.
- Partner with Customer Care to interpret financial information, evaluate operational and workflow effectiveness, and participate in streamlining organizational activity and reporting.
- Develop performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances and support the creation and reporting of financial KPI’s for the Customer Care department as applicable.
- Identification and maintenance of key metrics and forward-looking modelling tools to help Customer Care enhance their financial and operational performance trends, provide insights into performance and unit profitability (including Care cost per delivery, time sent per prescription, etc.)
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting, dashboards and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies, to monitor the financial performance of the company, and ensure reporting, measurement and forecasting consistency across all regions
- Invest in yourself - be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- Collaborate with the Accounting team with monthly close by preparation of variance analysis for forecast Customer Care costs to actual spend.
- Prepare and provide ad hoc reporting and analysis requested by Finance, Operations and Customer Care leadership as needed to support the business.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance,Business Administration or similar field
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (macros, pivots, lookups), Access, SQL and/or VBA
- Experience with Customer Care department or division is preferred
- Highly analytical, strong attention to detail and an ability to set and meet tight deadlines.
- Industry experience in healthcare a plus
- Passionate about building a young company and comfortable working in a fast-past changing environment
- Proven ability to thrive working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Strong ability to self-reflect, learn, and be honest about development areas
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values!
You’ll love this role if you:
- Want to be a part of a fast-paced and ever changing start up
- Enjoy playing a key role in a growing team and want to be part of Alto’s success.
- Want a passionate, humble, and exciting culture
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.