About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Manager, Tax Controversy to help build our income tax functions and join our rapidly expanding Accounting Team!
- Manages on going tax audits.
- Gathers and analyzes information and drafts responses to IRS and state tax authorities' Information Document Requests and solicit responses from other team members within and outside of the tax department.
- Drafts penalty abatement request letters
- Assists voluntary disclosures filings with various tax authorities.
- Conducts tax research in connection with complicated and evolving tax legislations.
- Coordinates tax examinations with the IRS and various state taxing authorities.
- Maintains relationship with IRS and state exam teams.
- Drafts penalty abatement request letters.
- Assists with the drafting of protests to Notices of Proposed Adjustments.
- Assists with the IRS and state tax appeals process.
- Assists with global tax controversies.
- Assists with review, analysis, research and resolution of domestic and international tax issues.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA required. MST (Master in Taxation) degree preferred.
- You have 7 + years of Big 4 firm experience desired.
- You have advanced knowledge of U.S. tax laws regulations, rulings, procedures, etc
- You possess the ability to work with Excel and various tax software tools including tax compliance and tax research software (e.g. OneSource, RIA Checkpoint) to create efficiencies
- You have a high level of attention to detail
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of an organization
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3,300 cities across the United States and Canada.
We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.