About the Team
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities. We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to help shape our financial systems and practices while keeping pace within the fast and quickly evolving online marketplace company.
If you’re a proactive and self-motivated accountant, this is the role for you. Progressive experience in accounting operations, internal controls and financial systems is required, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
About the Role
- Own specific areas of the general ledger, including the preparation and booking of journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
- Manage parts of the month close process for US and foreign entities
- Assist in preparing GAAP Consolidated financial statements and Management review reports and other materials for our Board and Investors
- Assist with the configuration and refinement of internal systems and processes for improved efficiency
- Key decision maker on continuous development of accounting policies and standard operating procedures
- Assist in providing deliverables to external auditor on annual audits and quarterly reviews for specific accounting areas owned
- Actively participate in the monthly variance analysis, management reporting, GAAP reporting, and other ad-hoc projects and business analytics
We’re excited about you because…
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Get-it-done mindset - not afraid of long hours, able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- Balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- A good understanding of both financial and operational internal controls
- Sharp business acumen and process-oriented
- Data-obsessed and unafraid to go down to the lowest level of detail for truth
We’re excited about you because…
- 4+ years of accounting experience; preferably in tech/venture backed/growth stage startup
- Previous experience working on external financial audits
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA certification required
- Advanced spreadsheet skills with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data
- Strong knowledge and experience with Netsuite
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.