Skillz is seeking a Senior Accountant that is hardworking and eager to develop their skills. You will report to the Senior Accounting Manager in our San Francisco office and work as part of a dynamic team of accountants. This is a rare opportunity for you to play a key role in the accounting and close processes at a Pre-IPO fast-paced, growing tech Company in San Francisco.
As a GL Accountant, you are responsible for accounting functions and tasks related to Skillz’s general ledger system. Come and learn from a strong team of like-minded accountants who like you, have the passion with extensive experience in technology and the start-up world.What you will do:
- Own the preparation of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as a key participant in the financial close process
- Maintain fixed-asset sub ledger items and make appropriate monthly entries.
- Perform routine account reconciliations and maintain related support files for General Ledger Accounts.
- Perform analytical work, including weekly cash forecasts, monthly balance sheet and income statement variances, budget versus actuals analysis, etc.
- Lead and assist in field work for interim and annual audits
- Maintain and improve upon the current accounting infrastructure, ensuring that all financial systems and files stay in sync with the general ledger
- Assist with the development and implementation of new systems and internal controls that meet the Company’s business growth and culture
- Ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
- Minimum of 2+ years of public accounting experience (Big 4 is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- CPA license or active CPA candidate preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, sumifs, v-lookup, and index formulas
- Detail oriented and can operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong multi-tasking skills and with the flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organized, communication skills and ability to own work
- Ability to consistently provide accurate deliverables on-time with minimal supervision
- Sensitive to deadlines and easily able to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities
- Positive attitude with a desire to learn, grow and be part of a dynamic and hard-working team