ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Senior Accounting Manager will oversee the accounting function of the Company and will be crucial in laying a solid foundation for our audit ready close and internal controls processes. This position will be hands on, developing the team members and tightening up the close timetable and processes. Interaction and coordination with colleagues in FP&A, Tax and various other departments across the Company to ensure proper accounting treatment and accurate financial results. The Senior Accounting Manager will play a key leadership role in the Finance organization around process improvement, system implementations and optimizations, standardizing processes globally, and mentoring the team.
You love rolling up your sleeves and diving into all activities associated with accounting, reporting, internal controls and compliance. You are an experienced people manager and enjoy training and mentoring your team. You are a process minded person with high attention to detail and sense of urgency. You possess a strong collaborative approach and are able to build effective relationships with colleagues in FP&A, Tax, HR as well as cross-functional departments. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies with minimal supervision.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the consolidation, preparation of financials, balance sheet reconciliations, and financial audits
- Design and implement business processes with sound internal controls to ensure efficiency and compliance
- Manage Accounts payable processes and team
- Manages GL Accounting (all general ledger, Revenue and AR reserves, Accruals, Cash and Fixed Assets, key balance sheet reserves, roll-forwards and account reconciliations)
- Review of monthly financial statements and perform variance analysis and investigate differences; support the FP&A team on explaining results
- Communicate accounting results by explaining variances and anomalies in account balances
- Manage the account reconciliation process by providing training and guidance to team members; reviewing account reconciliations to ensure accuracy, resolving issues or questions about unusual account balances
- Provide supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness
- Manage the preparation of audit schedules
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
- Ad-hoc projects, financial reporting and analysis as needed
- Policy and procedures development and documentation
- Engage with external auditors as needed
We're excited about you because you have:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant credentials required.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in accounting, preferably in a position holding similar responsibilities, with at least five years of experience managing global accounting and payroll teams.
- Public accounting and public company experience preferred.
- Experience working with foreign offices or subsidiaries a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and accepted accounting standards and local reporting requirements in various countries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation and informal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work across many departments with varying levels of staff and management to solve problems and achieve results.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills, efficient, self-motivated with the ability to follow through and implement process improvement.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description