Senior Equity Accounting Manager
The Global Equity Team is looking for a Senior Equity Accounting Manager to lead strategic initiatives core to the accounting function and critical in building the infrastructure for our global broad-based equity programs. Our team operates at the intersection of Accounting, HR, and Legal, which gives us a unique opportunity to create value across the organization.
We are in an exciting period of growth. We’re working very hard to create the framework to operate equity programs at scale for one of the fastest growing marketplace companies.
About the Role
You will help drive the long term vision and strategy for our growing equity team. You will play a key role in rolling out world class equity programs developed for precision and ease of execution. In our world, every equity related transaction should appear seamless. To achieve that you will undertake organizationally strategic and complex challenges in a fast paced environment. You will also provide significant input on the design and delivery of ongoing programs, including expense recognition and forecasting, mobility, and employee education.
The ideal candidate will be deeply analytical and have a background in both equity and accounting. A strong bias toward action and close attention to detail is also vital as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Revamp our quarterly close process and expense reconciliation practices with the Technical Accounting team.
- Act as the equity liaison for M&A transactions
- Analyze historical data and create a strategy for global mobility compliance around equity.
- Work with the HR team to develop a global mobility policy and employee focused resources.
- Collaborate on the development of future equity programs, including an ESPP and 10b5-1 trading.
- Create reusable analytics and reconciliation tools to drive faster period end closing procedures with greater accuracy.
- Design an equity team dashboard to provide cross functional updates on employee engagement with the equity team and better understand employee needs.
- Implement a ticketing system to optimize customer service for employees and business partners.
- You have exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- You have a strong track record of achievement in running successful equity programs
- You can distill complex concepts into simple, easy to understand communications
- You’re comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
- You have the ability to work independently and capable of identifying and resolving issues
- You have very strong Excel skills
- 5+ years in stock plan administration with experience at a public company
- CPA & CEP certification is preferred
- Knowledge of Workday, ADP, and the Schwab Equiview platform a huge plus
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP stock based compensation accounting and knowledge of IFRS a plus
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.