Senior Financial Analyst, Technology at Unity
Come join Unity’s FP&A team! As an FP&A Senior Financial Analyst (Technology), you will make a significant impact on our budget, forecast, monthly reporting and analytics rhythms. You will be a key member of our FP&A team as we continue to become a world-class finance organization and customer-focused partner in driving business results. Reporting to the Director of R&D and Technology FP&A team, you will work across Finance, Human Resources, IT, Accounting and other operational teams to ensure the financial and operational objectives of the business are met. You will succeed in this role because you are a self-starting leader with strong business partnership skills, exceptional communication, and someone who can roll up their sleeves in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
Come be a part of our journey!
What you’ll be doing
- Provide decision-support to Technology leaders operating against their annual objectives by driving reporting and analysis of business results to identify trends or deviations and introduce strategies for improvement
- Own and run annual planning and forecasting cycles to ensure investment and resource allocations are aligned with Unity’s strategic priorities as well as develop detailed financial operating models to accurately predict business performance
- Develop constructive and deep relationships with Technology business partners. Be the trusted business advisor and excellent business partner for Unity leaders
- Ownership of headcount planning and tracking, including close partnership with hiring managers, Recruiting and HR
- Support broader FP&A initiatives including operational improvements and systems implementations (e.g. Adaptive Planning, Workday)
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with proven experience as a Financial Analyst, or equivalent number of years combined Accountant/Auditor and Financial Analyst
- Proficient in Excel, Google Suite (Sheets, Slides), and common data analytics tools as well as knowledge of financial systems (Adaptive; Workday Financials)
- Highly motivated and able to take ownership of analysis projects from start to finish
- Be a phenomenal teammate and a detail oriented, self-starter with a passion for quality
- Must possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to translate the results of complex analysis into a simple and meaningful explanation
You might also have
- MBA, other relevant advanced degree or CFA
- Experience supporting an R&D or Technology organization
- Background in the gaming, internet, or high growth technology industry
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.