Senior Revenue Accountant at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The individual will be part of a growing accounting and finance team, and will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in a growth and success-oriented environment.
***Remote candidates may be considered but must be in the Pacific Time Zone
What you'll be doing:
- Recognize revenue for the assigned revenue stream for all entities. Work closely with management and external auditors to ensure the company is compliant with the latest revenue recognition rules and SOX
- Responsible for the monthly revenue close, which includes preparing and/or posting journal entries, detailed analytics, flux analyses over financial data, review of transaction processing, and reconciliation preparation
- Drive processes to ensure proper accounting treatment, cross-functional alignment and broader business strategy
- Participate in the design of automation solutions to further streamline real-time financial data for decision making
- Prepare management reports including I/S and B/S flux analysis, revenue & gross margin metrics and other ad hoc projects
- Ability to multi-task individual work as well as supervise revenue accountants on the team
- Working knowledge of US GAAP revenue recognition principles and ability to apply
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in finance or accounting
- At least 3-5 years Big 4 audit and/or public company experience
- CPA is a plus
- E-commerce experience is a plus
- Desire to work in an extremely fast paced environment and partner with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with a proactive approach to problem solving, attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to balance multiple projects with aggressive timelines
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.