Strategic Finance Lead
Faire is revolutionizing wholesale and helping local retailers and their suppliers be relevant and successful in a technology-enabled era.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to take on a variety of strategic, operational, and analytical projects to drive quality growth for our business. At Faire, you’ll have the chance to lead mission-critical projects end to end -- from working on strategic planning and analysis to presenting your recommendations to Faire’s leadership team and working cross-functionally with our product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams on implementation.
This is an opportunity to join a team where you’re set up for success and play an integral role in helping us embrace hyper-growth mode!
Capital is necessary in every business, but at Faire it serves as a core value proposition to our customers. The Finance & Strategy team ensures we have access to it and are spending it effectively, but also wears several other hats at Faire including strategic growth planning, company-wide performance management, and business analytics. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with data science, marketing, sales, support, product, and engineering teams on some of our highest priority projects to help drive continued rapid and high-quality sales growth! This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data-driven environment and have the opportunity to gain exposure to partnering with a variety of functions, including finance, business operations, product, growth, and analytics.
As A Strategic Finance Lead You Will:
- Work on projects across a breadth of functional areas including finance, risk management, sales, marketing, operations, business development, and performance management
- Identify issues, develop hypotheses, and execute in-depth analyses to translate data into insights and make recommendations to Faire’s leadership team based on your findings
- Enable our organization to continue to be highly data-driven as we scale by performing ad hoc analyses and building reports and KPI dashboards for real-time monitoring of performance, investor relations and fundraising
- A Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, business operations, or business analytics
- Experience working with or for a marketplace business or startup
- You are analytical and data-driven -- you can define KPIs and measure progress/success for your initiatives
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- You are a team player and love to deliver outstanding results while having a fun time with your teammates doing it!
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- You are resourceful and not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Working knowledge of SQL
Faire is an innovative online marketplace that uses machine learning to match local retailers with the makers of products that uniquely fit their stores. We are using the power of technology to connect makers and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 50,000 small business owners.
Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling. It’s a way of life that offers people a level of autonomy and fulfillment that’s become difficult to find elsewhere in our economy. Most of our customers have left behind jobs they hated to take a chance on themselves. We want to make sure their boldness and self-belief gets rewarded.
This mission also extends to the way we are building the company. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.