Technical Accounting Manager at Udemy
| San Francisco
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:34 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, August 11, 2020
Udemy is seeking a Technical Accounting Manager, based in San Francisco, CA, and reporting to the Director of Accounting. Udemy is growing fast as we expand into new countries, offices, product offerings, and systems. This is an individual contributor role with the opportunity to work on incredibly interesting projects, systems and significant issues will make this job fun and fulfilling. The role is a critical one in Accounting and you will have the opportunity to interact with
many groups within the company to support the business in an exciting time.
You really enjoy bringing structure to new systems and processes. You love to take something new and bring people together to ensure we put the right processes in place to support the business. You enjoy having a variety of projects, and are comfortable managing multiple priorities. You have a talent for bringing structure, understanding and clarity from an Accounting perspective. You have enough technical expertise in Accounting that you can help drive issues to a conclusion, and are comfortable leading discussions around technical matters with leadership and external auditors. You want to
come to a team that wants to succeed, enjoy what we do, and appreciate that the other people on the team want the same.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as a technical accounting resource for ad hoc questions and initiatives
- Assist accounting team members to review contracts and agreements, research relevant accounting matters, recommend accounting and disclosure requirements for complex non-routine transactions, including but not limited to the areas of revenue recognition, business combinations, equity, leasing, income tax, capitalized software, and derivates/hedging
- Prepare or review technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions and support the review process with finance management and external auditors
- Understand and provide interpretation of new accounting pronouncements in order to assist management in evaluating financial and operational impact
- Support the SEC Reporting process to ensure proper implementation of new
- accounting pronouncements
- Assist in the preparation of US GAAP financial statements, footnotes, and statement of cash flows with numerous subsidiaries transacting in foreign currencies
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement while helping to establish and maintain policies and procedure. Support various accounting teams with the drafting and review of any new accounting policies or updates of existing
- Build out accounting controls, systems and process
We're excited about you because you have:
- Bachelor’s degree – Accounting
- 5+ years of progressive, relevant experience (Accounting)
- CPA preferred. Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives and deadlines
- Organizational, verbal, and written communication skills are a must
- Meticulous attention to detail and risk-based analytical thinking; you are naturally curious
- Flexibility in adapting to a non-routine and fast paced environment
- Strong personal integrity
- Able to manage projects with organization and the ability to create a great sense of teamwork. Experience with remote collaboration and project management a plus.
- Experience with (or providing auditing or consulting services to) a Company with strong systems, processes, and controls
- Experience evaluating and identifying controls and processes areas requiring improvement, and developing actions to achieve that improvement
- Experience researching and documenting US GAAP technical accounting matters
- NetSuite, SQL expertise are a plus
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description