Government Relations Manager - Eastern United States at DoorDash
DoorDash is hiring a proven leader to help build our government relations team from the ground up. You will guide our government relations strategy across the eastern half of the United States, with the potential to engage in other regions and abroad, executing an ambitious agenda and making an immediate impact on a fast-growing, dynamic business.
Based in our New York or San Francisco offices, you’ll work closely with the Senior Government Relations Lead, the Head of Public Policy, other members of the policy team, and departments throughout the company, including Legal, Comms, and Marketing, to design and execute our government relations strategy. You will build relationships with legislators and other officials, make DoorDash’s presence felt in state capitals, and help design our public affairs and community organization efforts.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Craft and execute DoorDash’s legislative and political strategy at the state level with a focus on the eastern half of the country, with the potential for federal and international work as well
- Build relationships with legislators, governors, and other elected officials and staff
- Represent DoorDash at legislative and regulatory hearings, including by providing testimony
- Participate in trade groups and industry associations on behalf of the company
- Work with other members of the policy team to mobilize the Dasher, merchant, and customer communities in support of DoorDash’s political strategy
- Work with Comms and Marketing to design and execute effective public affairs campaigns
- Collaborate with policy development leads to craft policy solutions that serve business needs while meeting political realities
- Manage external political consultants
- Coordinate with counterparts at peer companies to build effective coalitions
- You have a BS or BA from an accredited university
- You have 6+ years of experience serving in government at the state level or working directly on public policy issues for corporate clients
- You have a strong political track-record and a proven ability to shape policy outcomes
- You have a deep understanding of government relations, including effective lobbying strategies, grassroots organizing, and the mechanics of policy-making
- You are a strong strategic thinker with polished written and oral advocacy skills
- You are willing to travel frequently
- You’re a self-starter; you’re intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate
- Government and in-house experience
- Direct policy experience in employment/labor law
- Significant state-level experience, particularly in New York and/or New Jersey
- Experience in the tech industry, particularly the on-demand economy
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.