DoorDash is looking for an experienced attorney with deep experience in commercial dispute resolution. The Litigation Counsel will be the third litigator at DoorDash and will handle a broad portfolio of risk management issues. You have a strong attention to detail, are execution oriented, have strong business acumen, superior analytical and writing skills, and are enthusiastic, well organized, and a team player. This attorney will report directly to the Head of Litigation.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own a broad portfolio of litigation and pre-litigation matters in multiple practice areas and in numerous jurisdictions across the country.
- Take a hands-on approach to all facets of litigation, including responding to subpoenas and discovery requests, drafting and revising legal briefs, interviewing witnesses, preparing witnesses for testimony, and negotiating and drafting settlements.
- Manage all aspects of outside counsel relationships
- Advise collaborators to address and resolve potential disputes while supporting our goals.
- Design scalable procedures to help support our growing business.
- You have a J.D.
- You have 6+ years of broad trial and litigation experience at a law firm or in-house, handling complex commercial litigation, including class action litigation, alternative dispute resolution and pre-litigation disputes.
- You’re familiar with e-discovery issues, including document retention policies and procedures; collection, review, and production of documents; and third-party subpoena compliance.
- You’re able to craft legal solutions in new ways, provide practical advice and balance risks and business reward.
- You can advocate for a position while maintaining a thoughtful approach.
- You have a positive attitude (no task is too big or too small!)
- Prior in-house experience at a technology or sharing economy company.
- Experience with employment law, intellectual property and consumer class actions.
- We are a group of bright, humble and goal oriented people!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of technology & logistics--we are redefining the last-mile logistics space
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 4,000 cities across the United States and Canada.
We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.