Senior Product Counsel, Card
What we do: Our mission is to reimagine financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. At our core, we are a tech company, disrupting long entrenched institutions with better technology and products that serve the needs of our customers. By combining financial services and software tools, we are realizing a vision to be the financial operating system for growing businesses.
What to expect - Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. Our team comes from a wide range of backgrounds, both from large institutions and small startups. We value combining these diverse viewpoints to solve hard challenges!
Why work here - We are committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. At Brex, we make this a reality by empowering employees with the tools, resources and support to grow their careers. It takes the same effort to dream big or dream small, so we say, “Dream Big!”
Our Legal team helps the company grow, advocating for Brex and for the thousands of growing businesses we serve. We provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex, advise on risk, and represent the company externally, negotiating with partners and interacting with regulators. Reimagining the financial system in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
How you’ll make an impact:As Senior Product Counsel, you will advise on legal requirements through the product development life cycle. You’ll counsel our product, engineering, marketing, sales, partnerships, and support teams on a range of issues related to product development and the products you support. You’ll provide strategic advice on risk and regulatory ambiguity, collaborating with stakeholders to find creative solutions to business issues.
What We Require
- 8+ years working experience in a combination of law firms and technology or traditional financial services companies
- Experience in payments, lending, securities products, or other financial products
- Familiarity with laws and regulations applicable to fintech products and services, including UDAP, ECOA, TILA, FCRA, and other federal and state law, and familiarity with card network rules
- Experience interacting with card networks and issuing banks
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and turn work around quickly when needed
- Business sense and comfort with technology
- Curiosity, drive, and willingness to take ownership and drive projects to completion
- JD and admitted to practice in at least one jurisdiction
- Prior startup experience
- Experience interacting with federal or state regulatory agencies and regulated financial institution partners
- Experience launching products in a fintech environment