We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 800 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Network Architect that can take point on designing and implementing all things routing, switching, network security, circuits, IaaS, WiFi, VPN and more as we continue to scale our operations.
You are an ideal candidate for this role if you:
- Don’t just want to inherit an existing network infrastructure, but take pride and ownership in designing and building it from scratch.
- Have a mindset of iterative improvement – you take the extra step for attention to detail and continually monitor, optimize, and fine tune our infrastructure and processes.
- Grow by growing others… as our team continues to expand, you thrive on mentoring and sharing knowledge with others to help them succeed.
- Can not only design a network solution, but have the hands on ability to help build and operate it too.
- Can provide guidance to more junior engineers in developing and operating the solution.
- Can chip in on developing automation (scripting) and management tools to keep our practices lean, efficient and free of mundane, repetitive tasks.
- Design, implement, monitor, and scale network infrastructure operations – from picking the right equipment to racking, configuring, maintaining and monitoring. Familiarity with Cisco Meraki, Palo Alto, VPNs, WiFi, LAN/WAN circuits required.
- Leverage modern infrastructure such as AWS and GCP to implement scalable network solutions.
- Design and enforce all facets of network security, including authentication, IPS, firewalls, network segregation, content filtering, device hardening and configuration, and support of third party security audits including evidence gathering, walkthroughs, and reporting.
- Use your strong communication skills to interact with a variety of stakeholders across the organization to support company growth plans, site buildout projects, project management and status reporting.
- Provide exceptional customer support via ticketing system and on-call incidents.
- Lead the design of our network monitoring and alerting service design including tool selection and implementation, escalation to other teams, and day-to-day review.
- Participate and contribute toward change management, incident management, architecture design, including documentation, awareness, risk analysis and root cause analysis.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network events and create event documentation accordingly.
- Take ownership of level-appropriate customer requests and issues and engineer escalations, seeing them through to resolution
- Manage vendors and escalate to ensure problem resolution.
- Help your team provide on-call coverage for out-of-hours support.
- Monitor network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Travel to new sites across the US to establish new site operations and engage with various parts of the business for requirements gathering and project alignment.
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on configuration, administration, tuning and troubleshooting of network equipment including routing, LAN addressing and isolation, bandwidth/performance management, network security controls, and monitoring.
- 3+ years of experience in new site design and infrastructure build outs from satellite office/retail to large headquarters)
- 3+ years of experience in developing network solutions in IaaS platforms such as AWS and GCP for large scalability such as secure remote access and proxying.
- Demonstrated experience with multi vendor infrastructure solutions at the switch/routing, security, and wireless layers to develop vendor agnostic and comprehensive solutions for our infrastructure operations.
- Strong communication skills to present technical designs to business stakeholders, demonstrating business value, dependency planning and timeline adherence.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, deployment and support of incident/problem management processes including key event triggers, escalation trees, notifications and reporting to ensure minimal business interruption and optimal uptime and infrastructure health.
- Experience in network automation tools and languages (CloudFormation, Perl, Python, bash/shell scripting and RESTful API development/integration.
In summary, if you are looking to be part of a team that has the opportunity to design and build the future network infrastructure for Alto and engages with all corners of our business to provide exceptional customer support as well as technical hands-on expertise, apply today!
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.