Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Product Partnerships is a relatively newer area for Credit Karma. Traditionally, we’ve primarily partnered with banks and other financial institutions. As we explore new areas of product development - technology and value-based partnerships have taken a front-and-center position in our rapidly expanding offering. From delivering premium product benefits like Audit Defense through a third party accounting operation, to partnering with financial institutions and bank technology providers to offer Credit Karma Savings, the Product Partnerships team has become critical to the company's success.
We’re looking for a seasoned deal maker, with a strong affinity and understanding for product work, analytics and strategy. This person will focus on accelerating our product capabilities and drive revenue through strategic product partnerships. You will identify new product, data and revenue opportunities, work closely with new and existing partners, our executives, and large cross functional teams to drive initiatives focused on building value for us and our members!
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do:
- Evolve revenue strategy, evaluate potential business opportunities, structure the team’s thinking, and insightfully execute on new initiatives
- Develop, establish and maintain impactful relationships with partners to proactively resolve business, technical issues and serve as an internal advocate
- Scope, build, foster and scale select strategic partnerships
- Own the whole deal process from pitch, to term sheet to close
- Communicate and collaborate with a broad range of internal partners in Product, Engineering, Marketing, Risk and Legal to deliver results
- Be the ‘go-to’ person for partners’ day-to-day needs, ultimately defining the long-term vision for the partnership and continuously tracking its success
- Be accountable for success metrics and partner growth
What's great about the role:
- You’ll partner closely with the Product teams to develop a deep understanding of our product strategy, the value we offer our members, and our long term roadmap
- As a strategic thought-leader, you’ll source, build and manage new partner relationships, from initial market assessment, to new partner sourcing and engagement, to contract, to launch and ongoing partner management
- From emerging FinTech to major banks and technology providers, this role will require you to act as an advocate for the Product team-- as well as being a ‘hunter’ and ‘farmer’!
What we are looking for:
- BA/BS degree (MBA preferred)
- 8+ years of product, partnership and/or strategic BD experience
- An understanding of the U.S. Tax system, financial services, consumer banking, and/or payments is a plus
- Ability to creatively structure and brainstorm product solutions with both external partners and internal partners, in crafting innovative and integrated experiences with strategic partners
- Proven track record of structuring, negotiating, enabling complex multi-million dollar agreements and building strategic long-lasting, trusted partner relationships
- Ability to manage multiple clients/partners across serving as the primary point of contact for multiple internal and external partners
- Possess a natural ability for analyzing information, including numerical data. Moreover, you should be able to effectively use data to make decisions and effectively communicate this data to others
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.