Every few years, a company appears that transforms an industry. Instacart has the chance to be one of those companies, and you could be one of the early people that shape Instacart and help us change the way people shop.
In a few short years we've launched same-day delivery in nearly 100 major US markets, provided flexible work to tens of thousands of Personal Shoppers on our platform, and have sold and delivered billions in grocery products.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
A Product Manager at Instacart has a mix of principled thinking, well-honed product sense, and technical depth. They are ultimately responsible for owning the product and leading a cross-functional team to take ideas and iteratively, bring them to life. We’d like you to have a customer-first mindset and demonstrate experience in delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research.
ABOUT THE JOB
Working with company leadership and finance, this product manager will own our consumer pricing strategy and execution. This product manager will also drive the vision and the product roadmap for the Instacart customer checkout experience. This role will partner cross-functionally with engineering, design, and analytics teams to collect, evaluate, prioritize, and deliver regular updates to help delight and scale our customer experience.
- Define product strategy and optimize customer experience using a variety of inputs, and clearly articulate rationale behind product / feature decisions.
- Deeply understand dynamic pricing and guide teams to best drive Instacart’s pricing platform.
- In collaboration with design, engineering, marketing, and analytics teams, lead the end-to-end success of projects from discovery to launch.
- Identify new growth opportunities via quantitative research, case studies, and reviews of industry standard methodologies
- Serve as the point person for your product area to leadership and across the organization
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Instacart to align intent, resources, and prioritization
- Drive every component of our real-time dynamic pricing system, including data, algorithms, engineering, and the user experience
- Translating dynamic pricing and behavioral economic theory into products to improve Instacart's ecosystem for all users
- Establishing how the value of Instacart's pricing decisions connect to all logistics / decisions
- Continually designing and improving the user experience surrounding all pricing based information for our customers
- Innovating and introducing new economic/pricing based ideas to further improve the value of Instacart's platform
- Influencing key strategic decisions through the behavior of individuals on Instacart's platform marketplace to continually improve 'off-line' strategic decisions
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline
- 4+ years of experience in product management
- Experience with Dynamic Pricing / Marketplace Pricing
- Experience with end-to-end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience working on pricing optimization or marketplace dynamics strongly preferred
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment strongly preferred