Every few years, a company appears that transforms an industry. Instacart has the chance to be one of those companies, and you could be one of the early people that shape Instacart and help us change the way people shop.
In a few short years we've launched same-day delivery in hundreds of markets, provided flexible work to tens of thousands of shoppers on our platform, and delivered billions of dollars of groceries.
Our product management team thrives on solving difficult problems and moving key company metrics. Our work makes a large and profound impact on people's lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. Join us!
ABOUT THE JOB
As Senior Product Manager for Shopper Engagement & Retention, you will lead a cross-functional team to help achieve Instacart's ambitious growth goals. In order to maximize growth, the Shopper Engagement team builds products, models, and metrics that keep shoppers coming back to Instacart and allow us to balance supply and demand efficiently.
In this role, you will help determine our strategy for engaging shoppers, capturing customer demand, and making complex trade-offs between company priorities. You will have autonomy and ownership of key metrics that directly impact top-level company goals. Whether that means building products to make Instacart easy and intuitive for shoppers or designing systems that help shoppers work in the right times and places, the Shopper Engagement team thinks deeply about the growth and profitability trade-offs at the core of Instacart's business model. This team spans the entire tech and product stack, from developing machine learning models to building mobile user interfaces.
We are looking for a product leader with deep intuition and passion for developing great user experiences, the ability to collaborate & communicate with team members from every function and at every level, and an analytical first-principles approach to understanding and solving problems. This role also provides the opportunity to scale scope and lead teams as you and the company grow.
- A minimum of 4 years in Product Management at a technology company
- Experience working on consumer engagement, growth, or gig marketplaces
- Ability to take ambiguous problems and define strategy, roadmaps, and products
- Ability to create and decompose relevant metrics and goals
WHAT WE'LL SET YOU UP WITH
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership — so you can use our product without paying a delivery fee