VP Product, Ads Platform at Sojern (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Sojern is seeking a dynamic Product Leader to drive the vision, execution and performance of the Sojern's Multi-Channel Ad Platform that serves Hotel and Destinations customers world-wide. You will be someone naturally drawn to the ad-tech marketing and travel industries and have a vision for where they are headed. You will lead a passionate product team and coordinate with teams throughout Sojern to successfully execute against product priorities. The position is full-time and based in the US, with employees in the US and Europe, and reports to the Chief Solutions Officer.
The ideal candidate will have significant Product Management experience and be a strategic, creative and customer-centric thinker. You will have the ability to work cross-functionally to develop powerful advertising solutions and bring these solutions to market. You will have a strong understanding of the travel-tech ecosystem along with a deep background in search, facebook, programmatic advertising, and big data applications. Prior experience inside an OTA, eCommerce, SaaS provider, DSP or similar will be an asset.
As part of the Solutions Leadership team and the Sojern Leadership team, you will have the opportunity to engage with leaders across Sojern and have an impact on our long-term strategic success. You will also help build on our company culture to ensure we support, motivate and celebrate Sojernistas around the world.
- Develop and execute against a product roadmap that delivers on-time and delights customers: create clear product requirements, set product priorities, and align with key business stakeholders to connect corporate strategy to product execution.
- Partner closely with Sales, Product Marketing/Marketing, Engineering, Data Science, Operations and other cross-functional teams to bring new functionality and solutions to market.
- Manage a high performing team of Product Managers located in multiple offices around the world
- Carefully track and assess usage and performance of Sojern Product Solutions to refine features and drive future enhancements
- Be the internal and external evangelist for Sojern Product Solutions across the company and with key customers
- Lead complex, cross-functional initiatives (i.e. set process, deadlines, deliverables) end-to-end
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company including sales, marketing, account management, finance and sales operations
What you bring to the table:
- 15+ years’ experience in relevant Product Management roles, including at least 5 years experience leading a product organization
- Significant direct product experience within adtech, travel tech or similar environments
- Significant direct product experience with leveraging AI/Machine Learning to develop platform solutions to solve customer and/or business problems
- Demonstrated people management experience, including growing and developing distributed teams
- Clear understanding of travel distribution and the enabling technical underpinnings
- Ability to analyze and prioritize among competing opportunities, balance customer needs with commercial priorities and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- Self-motivation; demonstrate strong self-management and a sense of urgency
- Ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate effectively with other people and departments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional communication skills - interpersonal, written and presentation
- Demonstrated experience at developing strong interdepartmental and cross departmental communications and collaboration
- Experience with programmatic channels, Google Ads, Metasearch, facebook and Instagram strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s and/or MBA and/or CS degree from an accredited college or university
What we have for you:
- Flexi-Fridays: Sojernistas typically work a ½ day and we have no mandatory meetings on Fridays. To make this possible, Sojernistas ensure deliverables are met throughout the week.
- Flexibility: Remote and hybrid work options, so our team can enjoy flexibility and do their best work regardless of location
- Equity: Stock options are offered to every employee
- Tech: Monthly cell phone & wifi stipend provided, in addition to laptop and tech equipment for your home office
- Paid Parental Leave: 16 weeks pay for birthing parents and 12 weeks pay for non-birthing parents, beginning the day of joining until the child's first birthday. Where a local country has more liberal leave protocol, we happily comply! #embrace-inclusion
- Learning Opportunities: All employees have access to an annual L&D stipend, as well as ongoing training and support to help you grow while leading creative and challenging projects
- Sojern Gives Back: We regularly organize office volunteer programs with local charities and organizations, as well as provide 40 hours of paid time per year to volunteer
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Travel Perks: IATA membership and personal travel “hotel stay” benefit
- Recognition: We use Bonusly to allow our team to recognize performance and teamwork #deliver-wow #win-as-a-team
- Wellbeing: We take a whole-person approach to your wellness with Spring Health mental health benefits, a Wellness Coach, and Employee Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off: Unlimited PTO (we are a travel company, after all!)
- Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents with healthy employer premium contributions
- Life and Disability: Life, AD&D and Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance with premiums 100% paid by Sojern
- Medical Travel: Travel expense coverage for when medical treatment is needed that is not available locally
- Retirement: 401k available with company profit sharing contributions
At Sojern, we believe in the power of travel as a way to bring the world together. It is that passion that drives Sojern to build smart digital solutions that help travel marketers reach travelers efficiently, and increase long-term growth, customer loyalty and profitability.
Our customers include hotels, attractions and tourism boards, and they use the power of machine learning, data science and real-time traveler data in Sojern’s products to build direct relationships with travelers across social, mobile and the web. Now, more than ever, our thousands of customers rely on Sojern to drive visits, bookings, and ticket sales by engaging with travelers as they plan their travel.
As a globally distributed company, we are headquartered in San Francisco with employees based in 14 countries and counting. Our team is passionate about travel and the core values that define our culture: Win as a Team, Embrace Inclusion, Be Genuine, Deliver Wow, and Center Around the Customer. Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
US Roles at Sojern based outside of our Omaha, NE or San Francisco, CA office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NJ, NY, NC, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Disclosure - Pre-Employment Requirements:
All candidates offered employment by Sojern may be subject to pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to a background check. Sojern is compliant with all federal and local laws with consideration to pre-employment requirements.
Our Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
At Sojern, we work to create a brave space that seeks out, embraces, and promotes diverse thoughts, beliefs, and experiences of Sojernistas globally.
We are building a workforce that represents the customer base we are serving and the world we live in. A diversified workforce is an innovative workforce. Just as there is no one typical traveler, there is no one typical employee. We foster diversity and inclusion across the company, actively seeking to amplify underrepresented voices and apply diverse perspectives to ensure products, policies, and programs are relevant for our employees and clients alike.
Embracing our differences and celebrating them moves us towards our goal of making travel inclusive of all. Sojern has employee resource groups which are the core of our culture, fostering belonging, inspiring learning, and creating opportunities for all Sojernistas across the globe.
- The DEI Council, which fosters diversity, equity and inclusion among our global team
- Sojern Gives Back, which organizes corporate giving and volunteering activities
- SoProud, our LGBTQ+ affinity group for community members and allies
- SoEmpowered, a group dedicated to advancing women in leadership and business
- SoFit, supporting employee health and wellness
We also have employee-run Slack channels for those with specific interests, for example parents, plant lovers or pets.
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sojern is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. Please inform your TA Partner if you are requesting a reasonable accommodation.