Account Executive, Life Sciences
Who we are
At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
The mission of the Life Sciences sales team is to position Domino as the single platform for data science across the enterprise and to support Domino’s expansion into the Life Sciences vertical. Our main focus will be to meet senior leaders, uncover opportunities and complete a successful sales cycle. You will help Domino execute better at enterprise-level selling and to engage more senior stakeholders across Business & IT.
What your impact will be
- Develop deep understanding of your accounts, including: AI initiatives and how Domino solutions align to them, key stakeholders, competitors, partners
- Open and maintain relationships with executives at the Director, Exec Dir, VP and C-level.
- Uncover opportunities for the customer/prospect to use Domino software, set the selling strategy and execute on the sales cycle
- Contribute meaningfully in building our Life Sciences pipeline
- Position Domino for success in the account by properly aligning our people to the customer. Specifically making it clear how product management, services, sales and executive leadership engage with the customer
- Manage and communicate with the customer-specific ecosystem of partners and competitors
What we look for in this role
- Understanding of the Life Sciences market and how different parts of their business work
- Enterprise sales experience - getting complex, multi-million dollar deals through evaluation, negotiation and approval
- Proven track record meeting with senior leaders (VP-level) within Enterprise Life Sciences
- Track record of securing $1M+ software contracts
- Business acumen to articulate how complex solutions map to customer initiatives
- Experience successfully finalizing negotiations on complex Enterprise software deals
- History of positioning a new solution in an unproven area
- Understanding of AI/ML technologies
- Someone who can start conversations in new areas of an account
What we value
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible. At Domino, everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company
The annual US base salary range for this role is listed below. For sales roles, the range provided is the role's On Target Earnings ("OTE") range, meaning that the range includes both the sales commissions/sales bonuses target and annual base salary for the role. This salary range will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate's experience, qualifications, and location. Additional benefits for this role may include: equity, company bonus or sales commissions/bonuses; 401(k) plan; medical, dental, and vision benefits; and wellness stipends.
Total Compensation Range