Director, Content at Coinbase (Remote)
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Develop and drive a content roadmap that builds the Coinbase brand and generates excitement for crypto by working closely with Coinbase product managers.
- Deliver robust content to support two discrete outcomes:
- Crypto Education: Create a “crypto 101” strategy that helps a mainstream, non-technical audience (including consumers, Wall Street, journalists, policymakers and regulators) understand the space.
- Coinbase as the go-to: Make Coinbase *the* place to go to learn about crypto in a way that is easy to understand and approachable.
- Analyze content performance and use insights to produce better content and stay ahead of market needs.
- Manage a growing team of strategic talented storytellers committed to publishing a regular stream of content that entertains, informs and inspires a range of audiences with regard to cryptocurrencies and the Coinbase mission.
- Constantly collaborate with the growth team, the retail team, and the institutional coverage team to support the company’s goals through content and social media efforts.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum of 10-12 years experience building, managing, and running content strategy & operations, preferably in a startup technology environment.
- Proven work experience managing content strategy globally with a campaign-based, insights-led approach and a portfolio to back it up.
- Experience building content strategy in service of business and communications goals that map to KPIs.
- Mastery of multiple form factors -- video, podcast, long-form, short-form, social.
- Significant management experience, preferably in a remote-first environment—having scoped roles, sourced and recruited, and honed a motivating management style.
- Strategic thinker that is able to synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives to create an actionable plan.
- Analytic rigor; a high bar for integrity, trust and quality; and a guiding curiosity to stay on the cutting edge of this fast-moving world.
- Curiosity and an open mind. We’re a culture of learners and we welcome a humble approach.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in FinTech, crypto or traditional financial services.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.