Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
About the Team:
The Editorial Team at Ellation runs an industry leading online news outlet and is accountable for the selection/presentation of promotional slots on one of the anime community’s most visited home pages - Crunchyroll.com.
About the Role:
The Editorial Programming Assistant is a role rooted in copywriting, editing, and content curation with familiarity working in a content management system (CMS) as well as exposure to web/data analytics tools for performance tracking and growth. Reporting to and collaborating with the Editorial Programming Coordinator, you will split time between maintenance/execution of our content placement calendar and recording and presenting performance data.
As part of a cross-functional team, you have the opportunity to help organize the front page of Crunchyroll.com and deliver impactful communication to an attentive audience. We will lean on you to be detail and execution oriented, a student of the evolving anime industry, and a steward of our widespread community of fans.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Daily life as our Editorial Programming Assistant:
- Publish promotional placements across the Crunchyroll and VRV home pages, across multiple locales and countries, according to the strategy set by the Editorial Programming Coordinator and the Editorial Manager.
- Keep detailed and accurate records of promotional placements and their performance metrics, as well as exploring easy-to-understand formats for presenting this data.
- Under the guidance of the Editorial Programming Coordinator, drive constant iteration / improvement of our on-channel content presentation, packaging and editorial content discovery.
- Use performance metrics to gauge the effectiveness of our editorial voice, and proactively communicate and execute on opportunities for growth.
- Under the guidance of the Editorial Programming Coordinator, ensure a clear editorial POV that reflects a profound understanding of our audience, providing consistently delightful packaging and positioning to create the best possible experience across all platforms.
- Key measures of success:
- Drive increased watch-time, engagement, and content discovery on Crunchyroll & VRV.
- Drive increased CTR and view-through across diverse properties and titles.
- Ensure that the editorial calendar is exact in its accuracy through multiple daily updates.
- Clear and collaborative communication to partnering teams, provide feedback and reporting when necessary
- Maintain an aggressively programmed, timely presence on our services, with regular refresh multiple times per day based on trends.
- Readership and associated business outcomes tied to Crunchyroll News.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in an editorial, content curation, or digital publishing environment preferred.
- Record of effectiveness and accuracy with administrative duties.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and facilitate communication in a fast-paced setting with multiple stakeholders.
- Basic understanding of digital content consumption and online communities.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and use of data to inform decisions.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and requests.
- An interest in anime and/or online streaming entertainment required!
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Crunchyroll, a WarnerMedia company (as a subsidiary of Otter Media) and the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Berlin (AV Visionen) and Chisinau (Ellation). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.