At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other minority groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is seeking an editor to contribute to developing compelling content that helps to inform and drive healthcare decision-making for consumers. The ideal candidate has experience writing and editing about healthcare for a general audience.
The GoodRx Editorial and Research team consists of a cross-functional group of editors, economists, data analysts, and healthcare professionals who consistently work with colleagues across GoodRx to make our processes and projects ever better.
This position holds responsibility for nonclinical stories, such as those related to healthcare access, lifestyle and wellness. Strong structural, line and copy editing skills are a must, as is a willingness to pitch in to keep the editorial pipeline moving smoothly.
You will also need experience recruiting and managing freelancers--and the capacity to juggle your own writing while assigning and editing with others. Organizational skills are required, as is familiarity with promoting content via various outlets such as social media, SEO and newsletters.
You will need to be able to combine your experience with in-depth reviews of the current scientific evidence to help to weave engaging, readable, and digestible pieces of educational editorial content. Be prepared to have the articles you write and edit reviewed by medical professionals.
- Write or assign/edit about 3 to 5 articles per week, contributing content that’s useful and germane to patients
- Recruit and manage a team of freelance writers
- Edit articles to ensure accuracy, readability and relevance
- Be able to create and experiment with innovative and engaging formats, such as infographics, maps or quizzes
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience as an editor or content manager, preferably as a journalist or otherwise writing consumer health-oriented content
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or equivalent
- Outstanding writing, grammar and editing capabilitiesExceptional organizational skillsEye for detail and the ability to work independently
- Ability to read, interpret and explain research studies and drug label information
- Ability to collaborate with the editorial, SEO and promotions teams to identify and vigorously pursue content opportunities
- Be familiar with WordPress and SEO toolsExperience working in a fast-paced department with hard deadlines
- A passion for making an impact in real people’s lives with meaningful content and
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.