Training & Content Coordinator at Benchling
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling is looking for a Content Coordinator to help capture our ever changing product feature set, both for internal and external (Customer/Partner) consumption. This content writer will keep a clear inventory of content and work hand-in-hand with our Product Operations team to monitor upcoming content changes and help calendar in priority updates. We manage a good deal of existing content and over time, all will need to be refreshed. This coordinator will also help keep our projects and overall initiatives in shape as we manage all of the Internal/External needs.
This role will work hand-in-hand with the CX Training & Content Strategy Manager, and the Program Manager, to monitor, measure and produce a great outcome for knowledge retention and growth. In this role, one must command a deep knowledge of the Benchling platform and our industry. This person will help translate new product features into our existing model (for both new/existing team members) and liaison with Product, Marketing & Engineering teams for these roll outs.
This role will have a direct impact on employee and client development, which in turn leads to a successful customer experience and growth of our organization. In addition, there will be opportunities to lead and/or contribute to external projects, including customer specific trainings, vendor/partner trainings, etc. Our team will continue to collaborate for new initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Organize a scalable processes for creation, maintenance, communication of comprehensive training content, ensuring all content is always up to date, clear, engaging, and well-organized
- Proactively stay informed of all changes to all products and service offerings, and adjust training programs accordingly; become an expert on all Benchling’s products and services
- Build out Enhancements to the current Customer Experience onboarding certification program
- Assist management on review, definition, planning (or creation) for on-going learning programs for CX team members (ex: project management, having tough conversations, tools, etc)
- Help manage the skillset assessment program for Customer Experience members, directly funneling into learning plans for the organization.
- Organize and assist in the development of a wider knowledge base and content repository (Learning Management/Knowledge System) that is easy to access and provides ongoing training support and communication
- Build training or present curriculums for other programs (i.e. customer/vendor) as needed
- BS or M.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar life science field, required
- Experience in instructional design and content strategy, for development and delivery
- Experience using multimedia tools, software and graphics applications to create training solutions a plus
- 2+ years of work experience as a training coordinator or project specialist with training background
- Demonstrates ability to work and gain exposure on problems exercising judgement
- An engaging public speaker and training content writer, with project management experience
- Committed to a culture of continuous improvement, regularly seeking feedback about individual and departmental performance
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- *$1,000 work-from-home stipend
*In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations. To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000 upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.