Senior Software Engineer at Doorvest (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Our mission is to simplify and democratize the path to financial security for everyone. For too long, access to high-quality single family real estate has been reserved for the ultra-wealthy; leaving out everyday individuals from participating in the #1 source of American wealth.
We’ve designed a full-stack, vertically integrated model that aligns incentives with stakeholders and offers a seamless way to own high-yield rental homes entirely online. As we succeed together, we will play a key role in closing the wealth gap.
Doorvest has raised almost $20m from founders/execs at top fintech companies such as Invitation Homes, Wealthfront, Sundae Homes, Opendoor and many others.
Role We are looking for an experienced Fullstack Developer to help grow and scale both our backend and frontend architecture. We will work together to tackle unique problems and lead projects using the latest technologies and services. Your responsibilities will include designing, developing, and maintaining Severless NodeJS Lambda functions and securing / restructuring AWS services. We are building a complex business and will be working on several tools to help optimize the business flow, including building react-native apps, integrating mortgage / title companies and much more.
- Collaborating with the cross-functional team to dream up, prioritize, design, and implement new customer facing features and internal tools.
- Work with an energetic product and design team to architect scalable code and collaborate on product roadmaps.
- Understand the current application infrastructure and implement improvements.
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- Measure business performance by implementing data analytics and efficiency tools
Who you are
- A curious and collaborative approach to software development. You are eager to learn, teach others and encourage everyone to ask questions.
- A history of leading projects to success and having a sense of ownership from the idea conception through its fruition.
- At least 3+ years experience writing production code with a team of software engineers.
- Experience with React hooks and materialUI as well as backend development, including database architecture and API design.
- Experience with the core AWS services and security best practices (e.g. using IAM Roles, secrets, AWS organizations, AWS STS, etc.).
- Curiosity around learning new technologies such as Serverless Stack (SST)
- Interested in real estate and finance to help understand problems and develop solutions.
- Ownership mentality - all Doorvest team members are granted significant equity in the company and we expect team members to have high levels of ownership. This means no hard budgets, micromanagement, etc.
- Hungry - we’re looking for folks that are eager to learn and constantly scouting for opportunities to push the company forward, this will ultimately lead to outsized success in their own personal development.
- Rolling with the punches - early-stage startups are extremely rewarding but things are not always glitz and glamour. Behind the scenes, there are many challenges we must overcome to bring to life something that’s never previously existed.
Our tech stack is constantly evolving as we bring in new engineers and improve our workflows. Currently this is our tech stack:
- Redux toolkit
- Material UI
- Postgres and Dynamo for storage
- AWS Serverless infrastructure, Lambda with Node
- Serverless Stack (SST)
As an early team member, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a scrappy, close knit team in an energetic environment. We believe this role is mission critical and will be offering substantial equity.
What we're able to offer
- Opportunity to have an incredible impact and build a venture-backed startup from the ground up
- Substantial ownership in the company you’re building
- Competitive salary
- 401k plan with 5% match
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Various physical, mental, & financial wellness perks
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Doorvest. Doorvest is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.