Data driven decision-making is an integral part of life at Wish. It drives our success with customers and merchants. We’re looking for talented Data Scientists to continue to drive decisions company-wide through the use of statistical modeling and machine learning.
You should have an extensive background in a quantitative field, a strong research background, and experience working with large data sets. You should be results-driven, highly motivated, and have a track record of using data analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and the success of a product.
As a Software Engineer, Data Analytics Platform you will:
- Design and Develop data collecting and processing systems to handle large data sets. You’ll have the opportunity to design innovative data solutions and solve challenging problems.
- Design, Develop and Support highly-parallel, and fault-tolerant applications.
- Build and integrate scalable backend systems, services, platforms, and tools
- Contribute to the design and code of complex data pipelines operating on production data
- Optimize current approaches to efficiently handle ever-increasing volumes of data
- Build proof of concept using modern technologies and convert them into production-grade implementation.
- Create best-practice reports and dashboards based on data mining, analysis, and visualization
Who you are:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Software Engineer using Python, java or any other programming language
- Expertise with SQL and data storage systems
- Experience and knowledge of modern data warehouse, pipeline and reporting/analytic techniques and tools such as Airflow, Presto/Hive, Spark, or any other scheduling frameworks, Tableau or other reporting tools
- Experience working on Amazon Web Services or other cloud computing platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Nice to have:
- 4 years of work experience in Software Development or Software Engineering.
- Experience in building a framework to automate and scale workflows.
- Experience with data related AWS services such as EMR and S3.
- Experience in building web interface and data visualization is a plus.
- Experience in the complex model design with strong SQL background
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description