Data Engineer - Data and Relevancy at Wish
As a Software Engineer, Data Analytics Platform you will:
- Design and Develop data collecting and processing systems to handle large data sets. You’ll have the opportunity to design innovative data solutions and solve challenging problems.
- Design, Develop and Support highly-parallel, and fault-tolerant applications.
- Build and integrate scalable backend systems, services, platforms, and tools
- Contribute to the design and code of complex data pipelines operating on production data
- Optimize current approaches to efficiently handle ever-increasing volumes of data
- Build proof of concept using modern technologies and convert them into production-grade implementation.
- Create best-practice reports and dashboards based on data mining, analysis, and visualization
Who you are:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Software Engineer using Python, java or any other programming language
- Expertise with SQL and data storage systems
- Experience and knowledge of modern data warehouse, pipeline and reporting/analytic techniques and tools such as Airflow, Presto/Hive, Spark, or any other scheduling frameworks, Tableau or other reporting tools
- Experience working on Amazon Web Services or other cloud computing platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Nice to have:
- 4 years of work experience in Software Development or Software Engineering.
- Experience in building a framework to automate and scale workflows.
- Experience with data related AWS services such as EMR and S3.
- Experience in building web interface and data visualization is a plus.
- Experience in the complex model design with strong SQL background