Data Scientist, Merchandising Strategy at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:43 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform with global reach. Our mission is to give everyone access to the most affordable, convenient, and effective shopping mall in the world. Through the Wish platform, we are creating a relevant, entertaining, and personalized shopping experience for each individual consumer.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical teams to mine internal and external semi-structured data to understand consumer demand in individual markets, drive sales through feed optimization, influence supply, design and deploy long-term merchandising strategies.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about Wish and e-commerce, be able to conduct market research independently, has a strong analytical and consultative mindset, deep understanding of databases, visualization, and modeling techniques, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines, and a passion for scaling data-driven regional merchandising strategies.
What you will do:
- Conduct quantitative market research for each market, by analyzing external e-commerce web data, understand regional consumer demand, through various text and image mining techniques
- Analyze internal behavior tracking data and forecast Wish users’ demand
- Identify high potential but underexposed product candidates, propose strategies to increase their exposure and boost sales
- Implement the strategies and set up A/B test experiments to gauge the impact, and reiterate
- Establish scalable, efficient, and automated processes for data-driven regional merchandising strategies
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or similar)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- 2+ years Python, R, or Matlab experience
- 2+ years work experience including business analytics and project management
- 2+ years experience writing complex SQL queries in a business environment
- 2+ years experience with Tableau, OBIEE or other visualization tools
- 2+ years experience operating in a Unix/Linux environment
Nice to have:
- Experience in e-commerce companies working on mining product listing data
- Text mining and image mining experience
- Feed ranking experience
- A/B test experience
- Analytical mindset and ability to see the big picture and influence others
- Detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task, high volume environment
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines and workflow fluctuations
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description