Growth Strategy Analyst at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a Business Analyst who will be responsible to support strategic growth initiatives for the Split Pay Growth Strategy & GTM team which is responsible for driving high impact business initiatives supporting the growth of our Split Pay business segment and Affirm’s user network. The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving and analytical skills, business sense, as well as interpersonal skills. This position is suited for someone who is results-oriented, hardworking, and who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves. Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to innovate and have a tangible and lasting impact on the direction of a fast growing Fintech company that is re-defining its industry.
What you'll do
You will demonstrate a deep and broad understanding of the business and platform, and partner heavily across the organization to assess business opportunities, drive key insights and own financial analysis to support business cases for our GTM approach, support prioritization and project management from exploration to rollout.
- Be the team’s go-to partner for integrated financial modeling and data-driven analyses
- Conduct custom analysis on sophisticated and open-ended questions and present findings in a clear and concise manner to cross-functional partners
- Responsible for crafting, managing, monitoring and reporting on Split Pay segment level portfolio performance
- Operationalize new pricing/incentive strategies and run associated campaign/initiative budgets to drive new user acquisition and lifetime value
- Partner cross-functionally with various teams on projects to drive alignment on business cases and proposed go to market approach
- Create thoughtful and succinct presentations to communicate the project’s strategy, key workstreams, and analyses
- Develop, monitor and report on critical success metrics and communicate meaningful insights to relevant partners.
- Responsible to track Split Pay competitor earnings and performance vs. Affirm; become a specialist in the retail point of sale financing, payments and marketing landscape
- Maintain a strong understanding of our evolving platform and data warehouse
What we look for
- Passion to disrupt both the retail and lending industry for the better
- 2+ years of experience within investment banking, management consulting, private equity, and ideally more recent experience in strategic or operational finance functions at a high-growth technology company
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving rapid execution based on those insights
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – written, verbal, and graphic - are a must
- Strong work ethic - able to take ownership beyond own responsibility and run timelines/deliverables effectively
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools, such as SQL, Python and Excel