Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to open up online shopping to people across the globe who were previously left out of the e-commerce experience. To enable this differentiated experience, Wish is investing heavily to create a cost effective and fast global delivery network.
We are looking for a proven leader who will help the team responsible for driving operational excellence. This individual will be innovative, process driven, and team oriented with an entrepreneurial and scrappy approach to problems. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and at times ambiguous environment.
Who we are: The Wish Logistics team’s goal is to create value both internally and externally through the establishment of lasting delivery partnerships, which will enable us to drive a more efficient and cost effective delivery cycle. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end to end delivery experience in the industry.
What you will do:
- Manage a region of final mile carriers and be responsible for their performance
- Oversee and improve day to day operations for compliance, service quality and financial performance
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly calls with agents to review key performance indicators
- Conduct analysis of global inventory and develop creative supply chain solutions accordingly
- Work with cross functional partners to identify and remove barriers to the program's growth
- Create reporting to be shared with other departments on the performance of a region and individual agents
- Gather, organize and standardize internal and external communication documentation, standard operating procedures, and process flows
- Alert management to any trends associated with performance and put in place correction actions to address
- Be a thought leader around operational improvement opportunities
- Act as business owner for technology strategy to streamline Last Mile operations & visibility
- Some international travel may be required
• BA/BS, with strong academic record
• Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
• 5+ years logistics and supply chain experience, specifically in the movement of hard goods
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Strong negotiation skills
• Extremely organized, meticulous and detail oriented
• Ability to work with people in a cross-functional environment
• Ability to lead discussions and communicate effectively
• Entrepreneurial spirit
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.