Manager, Data Science at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
As a Manager on the Supply Data Science team, you will be leading and growing an established team of 4+ Data Scientists and Data Analysts working on our shopper facing product. The team works closely with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to:
- Research opportunities and build business cases
- Design A/B experiments for complex product features
- Analyze results of experiments to derive actionable insights
- Build models that power current and future products
As a successful leader for this team, you must possess a strong technical background, especially working with large data sets, quantitative research, and complex experimental analysis. You should be results-driven, highly motivated, and have a track record of using data analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and the success of a product.
Aside from technical mentorship, you will be tasked with managing and growing the team to keep up with the scale of the product. You should be comfortable working with people from diverse data skill sets and structuring a team for success at scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team of diverse data skill sets including Data Scientists and Data Analysts
- Structure a medium to large sized data team for success
- Research product opportunities and help build business cases
- Design A/B experiments in a fast moving environment
- Collaborate with product, engineering and design teams
- Stay up-to-date with the latest analytical trends and motivate your team to do the same
- Serve as the data point of contact for the entire Product organization
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in Data Science, Business Analytics, Deep Learning, Statistical Research or a related field
- Hands-on experience with large scale data processing software and tools (Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce etc)
- Strong business acumen and deep understanding of the industry and competition landscape
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and mentoring/managing junior members
- Strong coding experience and knowledge of object oriented programming
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.