You’ll join our Data Science Engineering (DSE) team reporting to our Sr. Director of DSE. DSE is responsible for the economics of NextRoll’s core products. Our in-house machine learning frameworks run over hundreds of terabytes of data daily, ensuring our pricing engine stays fresh and accurate as it bids on billions of ad opportunities, dynamically making product recommendations, and selecting the best opportunities for our advertisers. ML Infrastructure members have a passion for technology and mathematics, and are responsible for setting up the systems architectures that feed and execute our machine learning algorithms at scale.
NextRoll engineers are afforded significant autonomy. ML Infrastructure engineers design their systems as they see fit, own their code, enable analysts to dive deep with ease, and ensure our hungry machine learning algorithms are fed. Beyond data pipelining, AdRoll DSE is also responsible for a variety of high-availability, high-QPS prediction servers that must return results on the order of milliseconds. ML Infrastructure engineers work on a variety of projects with data from disparate sources, but all at large scale.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York, Salt Lake City offices, or Remote.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.The impact you’ll make:
- Design batch and real-time pipelines that generate predictive models for a variety of signals and tasks
- Design high-availability prediction servers with fast response times
- Create operational support tools for monitoring, managing and debugging production data flows
- Integrate with external data sources to feed into existing datasets
- Engineer data formats that help answer data analysis questions efficiently
- 3+ years experience with C, C++, Java, or other performant language
- Experience with manipulating large datasets
- Solid experience in building scalable, high performance systems
- Experience in distributed computing frameworks and paradigms
- Proven ability to take high-level product requirements and distill them into technical solutions
- Enthusiasm to work in a vibrant, collaborative, and fast-paced engineering team
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
NextRoll is a marketing technology company delivering products ambitious marketers use and rely on to grow their businesses. Powered by machine learning and integrated data platforms, NextRoll’s technology serves tens of thousands of businesses globally through its two business units: RollWorks, an account-based platform for business-to-business marketing and sales teams, and AdRoll, an ecommerce marketing platform for direct-to-consumer marketers. NextRoll is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more visit nextroll.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.