Senior Risk Data Scientist at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:43 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 14, 2020
The Sr. Risk Data Scientist will be responsible for developing and building the next generation of risk analytics to protect and grow the business. Working with a team of world-class data scientists, you will partner with engineering, finance, business development, customer service and operations to develop scores and strategies to improve approval rate, chargeback, and false positive.
The ideal candidate has deep analytic skills, as well as ability to translate complex models into working code for implementation in a positive and can-do team environment.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop and build out Wish’s risk analytics platform to support business growth and data informed decisions
- Develop and propose tradeoffs to understand and manage customer lifecycle value, risk exposure, and costs
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to improve risk detection while minimizing user friction
- Manage risk analytics solutions from development, testing, implementations, tracking, to retirement
- Mentor other team members in data analysis, reporting, and visualization
Who You Are:
- Required: SQL, Python, Linux shell scripting
- STEM BS with 5+ years, MS or PhD preferred or equivalent work experience
- Must have experience with machine learning and computational statistics packages: Sci-kit learn, statsmodels, gephi, glm, etc.
- Experience with SQL relational databases as well as big data: the Hadoop ecosystem, Hive, Presto, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical collaborators.
- Experience with visualization tools such as seaborn, plotly, d3, ggplot2, Shiny, etc.
- Frequent user of cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Bonus: experience with web application frameworks such as Shiny, Flask, Tkinter, Django, etc.
- Double Bonus: previous work on fraud applications with payments and mobile data.
Wish is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. We bring together world-class technical talent with a passion for connecting relevant products to relevant people.
Learn more about us:
Intro to Wish
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description