Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:15 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, April 11, 2020
Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unique and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release every day to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately.
We’re looking for engineers to work on our massive semi-structured datasets. You'll develop software to process, transform and analyze the data to identify signals from billions of events we collect every day. You'll provide insights that improve the experience of hundreds of millions of users worldwide. You should be results-driven, highly motivated, and have a track record of using data analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and the success of a product.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, Develop, and Support a highly-parallel and fault-tolerant applications
- Build and integrate scalable backend systems, services, platforms, and tools
- Contribute to the design and code of complex data pipelines operating on production data
- Optimize current approaches to efficiently handle ever-increasing volumes of data
- Build proof of concept using modern technologies and convert into production-grade implementation
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer using Python or other programming language
- Expertise with SQL and data storage systems
- Experience and knowledge of modern data warehouse, pipeline and reporting/analytic techniques and tools such as Airflow, Presto/Hive, Spark, Tableau
- Experience working on Amazon Web Services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4 years of work experience in Software Development or Software Engineering.
- Experience in building framework to automate and scale workflows.
- Experience with data related AWS services such as EMR and S3.
- Experience in building web interface and data visualization is a plus.
Wish is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. Wish selectively brings together world-class talent with a passion for connecting relevant products to the global population.
Learn more about us:
Intro to Wish
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description