- Build the machine learning platform that empowers our Data Science and Product Engineering teams, powering product features used by millions of users every day.
- Work closely with Data Science and Product Engineering teams to develop and deploy models to production environments.
- Build efficient solutions on top of Google Cloud Platform using Python, Scala, and Rust.
- You have 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- 4+ years professional experience, or Ph.D in a quantitative field including Computer Science, Physics, Applied Math, Statistics or other quantitative fields.
- Experience building and deploying large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with languages used for Machine Learning experiment/implementation such as Python and frameworks like PyTorch and TensorFlow.
- Experience or willingness to learn state of the art machine learning paradigms and application of them into areas such as Text Classification, Semantic Modeling, Ranking and Personalization
- You excel in undefined environments, get excited about creating solutions to complex problems, and building on them.
- You are a first principles thinker that can work with others to create pragmatic solutions — and then evolve and generalize them.
- You possess the ability to take a high-level goal and achieve a shippable solution.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.