Sr. Data Engineer at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
At Wish, our Data Science & Engineering team is composed of Data Scientists, Data Analysts & Data Engineers who focus on centralizing corporate data in order to gain insights, knowledge and scalability, that empower a proactive and rigorous analysis of key business indicators. Our mission is to derive wisdom from data via the application of Data Science.
We have opportunities for talented Data Engineers to build our framework and platform to power all data applications at Wish.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and implement an efficient and scalable data engineering framework that powers the company's key data applications such as experimentation and metrics reporting.
- Design and drive data architecture for future data storage, processing, and applications.
- Develop and maintain critical data pipelines.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in data engineering related fields.
- Experience and knowledge of modern data warehouse, pipeline and reporting/analytic techniques and tools such as Airflow, presto/hive, Spark.
- Familiar with Python and SQL.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4 years of work experience in data engineering related fields.
- Experience in building framework to automate and scale workflows.
- Experience with data related AWS services such as EMR and S3.
- Experience in building web interface and data visualization is a plus.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.