The Data Science Engineering (DSE) team is responsible for the economics of NextRoll’s core products. Our in-house machine learning frameworks run over hundreds of terabytes of data daily, ensuring our pricing engine stays fresh and accurate as it bids on billions of ad opportunities, dynamically making product recommendations, and selecting the best opportunities for our advertisers. Machine Learning (ML) engineers have a passion for technology and mathematics, and are responsible for setting up the systems architectures that feed and execute our machine learning algorithms at scale.
NextRoll engineers are afforded significant autonomy. The ML engineers design their systems as they see fit, own their code, enable analysts to dive deep with ease, and ensure our hungry machine learning algorithms are fed. Our ML engineers work on a variety of projects with data from disparate sources, but all at a large scale. Our systems are built on top of Amazon’s AWS and employ cutting edge technologies.
Our work environment is one where ambition thrives and so will you. We help every employee discover their full potential by giving them opportunities to expand their skill set and develop their career at NextRoll. Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we're committed to helping all of our employees learn and grow.The impact you’ll make:
- You will help us develop a highly dependable and scalable ML platform to host NextRoll’s product recommendation engine (serving over 100M predictions per day).
- You will help us create flexible and high-performance services (such as data pipelines and inference servers) that can rapidly evolve to handle our growing modelling needs.
- Drive more sales for our customers by delivering highly-relevant and timely product recommendations:
- Analyze our brands, shopper behaviors and short/long terms trends
- Select and develop better features to improve existing/new models
- Design and conduct controlled experiments
- Build tools to monitor and debug production data flows in real-time
- Collaborate with our Engineering and Product teams to understand new business opportunities, assess risks and ensure the availability of necessary data
- Provide technical guidance and help create industry best-practices for our ML infrastructure.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years industry experience in machine learning, data-engineering, analytics or related fields.
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of Python is a must; golang is a plus.
- Proven experience building and deploying impactful infrastructure/services in a cloud computing environment.
- Prior experience developing and building machine learning models (Please provide links to your personal projects if you do not have prior professional experience).
- Prior experience working with PySpark/Dask, Apache Presto, Airflow, and similar technologies.
- Experience in information retrieval or recommendation systems
- Experience building distributed systems or data processing systems
- Familiar with cloud computing environments (AWS, GCP etc) and related technologies (terraform, ansible).
- Competitive salary, equity, and fully covered medical
- One month of paid time off and work/life balance
- 6 months of paid maternity leave/ 3 months of paid paternity leave
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
NextRoll is a marketing technology company delivering products ambitious marketers use and rely on to grow their businesses. Powered by machine learning and integrated data platforms, NextRoll’s technology serves tens of thousands of businesses globally through its two business units: RollWorks, an account-based platform for business-to-business marketing and sales teams, and AdRoll, an ecommerce marketing platform for direct-to-consumer marketers. NextRoll is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more visit nextroll.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.