We are looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join the fast growing Merchant Pricing team! Merchant Pricing is responsible for enabling efficient value exchange between merchants and consumers through innovative and strategic pricing solutions.
In this role, you will help Affirm drive revenue growth and portfolio optimization and apply strategic pricing solutions to deepen merchant relationships. You will collaborate with Commercial, Marketing, Credit, Finance, Capital Markets, Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills with solid knowledge of analytical tools, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.
What you'll do
- Use data insights and work with various cross-functional teams to implement innovative pricing strategies for our top strategic partners and scaled programs
- Structure new pricing strategies and solutions to go-to-market in a digestible and scalable framework to strengthen our positioning, deepen merchant relationships, and increase our competitive advantage
- Develop analytical capabilities to enable pricing optimization at various levels of aggregation addressing needs for Affirm, our merchants, and strategic partners
- Conduct analyses on sophisticated and open-ended questions at the intersection of profitability and risk; present findings in a clear and concise manner to influence partners across Commercial, Credit, Finance, Capital Markets, Product, etc.
- Own end-to-end analytics workflow, including defining success, implementing data requirements, conducting analysis, generating insights and hypotheses, monitoring performance metrics, socializing them across the organization
What we look for
- 3+ years of experience in an analytics role (consulting, finance, analytics, pricing, etc.). Experience in Financial Services and pricing analytics / deal desk is a plus
- Masters Degree in Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, or Financial Engineering is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools, such as SQL and Python
- Eager to seek out new opportunities, navigate ambiguity and develop creative solutions using data
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop strong relationships and work with cross-functional partners
- Strong work ethic - able to take ownership beyond own responsibility and manage timelines/outputs effectively
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA29
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.