We are looking for talented Staff Software Engineers to join our Unified Data Pipeline Team. Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay - as a core company value, we are committed to hiring great people and helping all of our employees learn and grow.
As a member of the Data team, you will work closely with data engineers, analysts and product owners to build and maintain large scale data processing systems that powers the core infrastructure of NextRoll’s online advertising systems using big data technologies like Spark, MapReduce, and Storm, running on AWS infrastructure.
You’ll work in a small team but have the options to play with the latest tech, learn new skills, sharpen your existing ones, and make a difference in a rapidly growing company that values the employee experience of building software just as much as it values the output.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York City, Salt Lake City offices, or Remote.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to enter a US NextRoll office. Please notify us to request accommodation.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.The impact you’ll make:
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems in high-performance, scalable data processing systems
- Develop and operate our data pipeline and infrastructure
- Work closely with engineer peers, analysts and data scientists to develop data-driven systems and dashboards
- Assist and mentor junior engineers on the team
- Contribute to the evolving industry changes that are being made to increase consumer privacy while allowing businesses to continue to grow in the online advertising space
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with programming languages including Java and Python
- Experience working with scalable systems, large-scale data processing, and ETL pipelines
- Experience using big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, or Storm and SQL databases such as Postgres or MySQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Redis, Cassandra, or AWS DynamoDB
- Experience developing and deploying applications on Linux infrastructure
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
NextRoll is a marketing technology company delivering products ambitious companies use and rely on to grow their businesses. Powered by machine learning and integrated data platforms, NextRoll’s technology serves tens of thousands of businesses globally through its business units: RollWorks, an account-based platform for business-to-business marketing and sales teams, and AdRoll, an ecommerce marketing platform for growing direct-to-consumer brands. NextRoll is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more visit nextroll.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.