Brand Designer at Mural
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
You will play a pivotal role in the definition, expansion, and execution of the future of the MURAL brand. Your talents will also be key in helping set the course of marketing projects, in-product brand representation, and the look and feel of MURAL’s internal culture.
This role requires a strong portfolio demonstrating examples of concept-based brand work, and a remarkable sensibility for typography, hierarchy, scale, and art direction. Our ideal candidate is a strongly conceptual visual designer with a deep understanding of brand systems work. Most of all, you are humble and just love to make stuff. You get excited about experimenting with new ideas, and want to be a foundational member of a steadily growing international creative team. If this resonates with you and you’re interested in learning more, we’d like to chat.
Responsibilities will include
- Play an integral role in shaping the evolution of the MURAL brand system.
- Contribute to overall brand strategy and decision-making about visual direction.
- Creation of brand documentation to assist in the scaling execution of the MURAL brand.
- Create high-quality work that delights our customers, meets company objectives, and reinforces our brand.
- Earn a respected place within a small, high-performing, high-impact team by producing quality work quickly.
- 5+ years of visual design or art direction experience
- Highly collaborative and team player mentality
- Passion for delving deep into brand strategy and creative executions for tech brands
- Experience designing for web, social, email, print, and environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An excellent portfolio with case studies that showcase your conceptual design foundations
- Strong business acumen and ability to balance needs of the brand, the business, and its constraints.
- Experience working for an in-house creative team in a tech environment
- Experience working in a goal-oriented organization
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign (Figma nice to have)
- Illustration or animation skills not required, but a bonus
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.