Communications Designer at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is seeking a passionate and multidisciplinary Communications Designer eager to innovate in the ecommerce space. Communications designers work collaboratively alongside other designers, engineers, and marketers to conquer challenging problems and make a real impact on mobile ecommerce. We are like a Creative S.W.A.T team -- own your work and improve our outward-facing image for consumers around the world!
What you'll be doing:
- Generate and design assets for internal tools, partnerships, website assets, email, social media, banner ads, print-based collateral and other tasks as needed for a variety of teams/marketing partners
- Produce pixel-perfect creatives that clearly communicates our value propositions and help build and reinforce our brand identity
- Contribute to the culture of a growing team through your ideas and passion for design & marketing
- Create engaging and exciting web based graphics to excite, educate, and engage our users
- A degree in Graphic Design, Communications Design, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to convey creative concepts in a way that inspires stakeholders
- Solid portfolio demonstrating understanding in design thinking, graphic design, and visual storytelling
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) and Figma
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work with ambiguity in cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and complete projects on time
- Ability to take direction well and a desire to grow your skills and experience
- Experience using video, 3D programs, and motion design are a plus
- Experience using code frameworks to develop creative solutions, such as CSS, are a plus
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.