At Affirm, we're reinventing consumer finance by delivering honest financial products that improve lives. We offer financing better than traditional credit, and because of our values, we never charge hidden fees. Affirm is dedicated to changing the way consumer finance works, and we're just getting started.
We're looking for a Director of Product Design for Debit+, a new category of product that is currently in beta and will continue to expand its reach. You'll create the long term design strategy working with a GM of product management, engineering and analytics to continuously grow the product and offering. You've demonstrated delivering high quality consumer financial experience through building high functioning design teams that are inspired by consumer insights and data. You're intrigued how you can enable our consumers' lives through payments and see an opportunity for a win-win-win relationship for our consumers, merchants and Affirm. You're opinionated about product direction down to the pixels, words, and are relentless about improving the experience.
You partner well with other experience design leadership including design, research and content to ensure cohesion across the design organization and help drive internal cultural change to champion our merchants and consumers.
This role will report to the VP of Design and Research.
What you'll do:
- Drive and lead the vision for our Debit+ Financial Product
- Lead teams from complex and ambiguous situations to clarity and focus
- Hire and build a healthy team culture of highly talented designers through ambiguity and change during hypergrowth
- Able to engage internally with stakeholders & execs to enable the team's success
- Co-develop the product strategy with product management and engineering through identifying opportunities to invest in for long term growth and innovation
- Support with prioritization of short term to long term results-oriented work that drives impact through high quality and successful execution across several product areas
- Establish operational rigor for design: using principles, frameworks, qualitative and quantitative insights to guide your team for continuous growth of the function and the product
- Foster an inclusive environment to allow teams to thrive
What we look for:
- 10+ years experience in product design focused roles, with specific experience in consumer financial products
- 3+ years experience leadership experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership
- Demonstrated experience of growing a strategic practice of design and hiring strong design teams
- Demonstrated strong eye for executional craft with an obsession of design details with knowing how to make trade offs to get in market to learn
- Demonstrated ability of operational rigor to improve the culture of the team and cross functional partnerships.
- A demonstrated portfolio of you/your team working cross-functionally, thinking strategically across the experience and shipping successful mobile app experiences in a fast-paced environment. (Required)
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.