Learning Experience Designer at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Customer Education Team at Planet is seeking an innovative learning professional with experience and expertise in developing and delivering live training programs. This person will be a primary driver of the vision for developing, testing and delivering scaled educational programs to a diverse and growing customer audience of partners, program administrators and end users. They must be skilled in instructional design, curriculum development and building, copywriting, project management, and web-based training. Collaborating with Multimedia Design, Trainers, Customer Success, Product, Product Marketing, Brand, and related teams are critical for success. The ideal candidate is customer focused, tech-savvy, proactive and design-minded. They have a passion for customer education, collaboration and an understanding of adult learning principles and theories.
The Customer Education team at Planet owns evolving learning materials for our customers to enable their adoption and success. The primary asset types, localized in multiple languages, are: live training webinars, customer workshops, self-serve learning paths, short and long format videos, tipsheets, and articles.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Effectively translate Planet’s customer education curriculum into an interactive, multi-tier live training program.
- Work to design and lead tailored in-person and virtual trainings.
- Collaborate with cross functional organizations to help ensure training workshops meet the needs of our customers.
- Leverage insights from customer training sessions to inform our education curriculum.
- Identify gaps in current education materials and work to address these gaps.
- Create highly effective multi modal learning experiences using known digital learning tools, and approaches nobody else has thought of yet.
What You Bring:
- 2+ years experience delivering in-person and virtual training classes.
- Ability to leverage/show deep domain knowledge to drive customer success.
- Energetic and compelling instructor; not afraid to present in front of teams or customers.
- Coachable and open to feedback, both internally and on the fly from your audience.
- Someone who thrives in an ever-changing and fast-moving environment.
- Experience building asynchronous and synchronous classroom-based and virtual training programs.
- Learning technology experience with a focus on content creation and visual design e.g. (Captivate, Articulate, iSpring suite, Evolve, Adobe suite, etc).
- Exceptional project management skills, with experience designing curriculum for a range of audience types from management and leadership to technical engineering.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deliver results within tight deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills; concise and data driven.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Learning Management System (LMS) experience
- Experience in multimedia production (A/V work, deck templates, infographics, animations, etc.)
- Familiarity with GIS and remote sensing systems
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $81,000- $122,000. his role is eligible for commission and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.#LI-AP1#LI-REMOTE