Senior Learning Experience Designer at Reddit
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit was founded in 2005 and brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Reddit has doubled in the past year and eMarketer projects Reddit to be the fastest-growing digital platform in 2020.
With ambitious goals ahead of us next year, we believe that the time is right to begin building out our Learning & Development team at Reddit.
Our L&D team, which sits under our greater People & Culture team, is committed to building learning experiences that are aimed at upskilling our Snoos (employees) and making them better in their roles. We empower Snoos to learn and grow everyday, from each other. If you are a builder, and ready to help set the foundation for L&D at Reddit as we grow and scale our business internationally, we'd like to hear from you.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a creative and tech-savvy Sr. Learning Experience Designer who has a passion for the written word, thrives at transforming complex subject matter into actionable steps, has experience working across multiple instructional delivery modalities (e.g., interactive online learning, videos, virtual classroom design, resources, in-app messaging, and simulations.) You should have proven experience in designing beautiful and meaningful learning experiences aimed at helping people develop the soft skills required to get their jobs done with confidence.
What You’ll Do:
- As part of Learning & Development, ensure our understanding of various blended learning solutions as programs are developed or updated to incorporate a blended learning approach
- Be the primary thought leader on learning experiences, owning and driving our creative strategy and design standards for the team
- Evaluate team specific and organizational development needs and build learning experiences to address gaps. This role specifically focuses on soft skill vs. technical skill development.
- Partner with subject matter experts and creative team to design and develop beautiful and on-brand online courses, documentation, and resources
- Experiment and use trending technologies to create interactive and responsive online courses
- Use both quantitative and qualitative needs analysis techniques to prioritize our learning efforts
- Evaluate and ensure program effectiveness through measurement and statistical analysis
- Effectively organize content in a logical and intuitive manner
- Anticipate learner’s questions and provide clarity on complex topics
What We Can Expect From You:
- 6+ years of experience in developing on-demand and in-person learning experiences utilizing adult-learning design principles
- Must have proven expertise in design and development using Articulate Storyline (360)
- Ideally, you are also proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, Camtasia, PowerPoint/Google/Keynote
- Bonus if you have a skillset in graphic design and/or ability to create multimedia assets(Bonus if you also have Graphic Design experience)
- Knowledge of proven effective assessment and evaluation methods
- Strong collaborative spirit, open to diverse perspectives, and new ideas
- Pragmatic; you take an iterative approach to creating new learning experiences
- Proactive and curious; you are creative and enjoy taking unique approaches to solve problems
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Genuinely likes helping others and has a service-oriented mindset
- Familiarity with the latest trends in learning and technology
- Ability to navigate confidential information with professional maturity
We would love to see your portfolio of previously executed projects and sample learning experiences.