Senior Product Design Manager, Revenue at Discord
- Build a team of highly-engaged designers by hiring, coaching and instilling a sense of ownership and impact.
- Provide direction and guidance of product designers' output, promote partnerships and design process. You'll influence product strategy and ensure product execution for our paid products.
- Apply your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar and ensure your team achieves extraordinary results at the high technical level we set.
- Occasionally you will be hands-on with the design work, pitching in from time to time help support your team and keep them focused on deeper work, however this is primarily a management role (especially as the team grows larger).
- Adjust team composition and eventually creating new teams to adapt to changing needs or tuning team dynamics.
- Make sound first-principle decisions around resourcing, and making the rationale clear to partners and team members.
- Partner with the Head of Product Design on strategic planning and to continuously improve the Design organization and uphold our workplace philosophy.
- Partner with Engineering to develop core component frameworks and best-practices.
- You have 4+ years of experience as a Design Manager and managed at least 5 Product Designers.
- A portfolio of work you've designed and shipped as well as examples of work you directed delivered by your team.
- 8+ years experience in multi-platform digital products as a Product Designer (or similar role).
- An enjoyment of people leadership. This include recruiting, training and developing, organization design, and leading by example.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments and get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- You are a first principles thinker that can work with others to come up with pragmatic solutions.
- Designing yourself does not scare you, you are still a designer even if you don't do it all the time.
- You keep up with the industry trends and can assess new tools and techniques.
- History of collaborating with engineers and product managers.
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Discord is a small group of passionate gamers whose mission is to bring people together around games. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get there. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. Everyone here is committed to making Discord representative of the world we want to live and play in.
We know that diverse teams make better products, better decisions, and foster a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in. We'd love your help. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.