Senior Product Designer, Consumer at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We're looking for a Sr Designer to build new consumer experiences in our super app, marketplace, and suite of financial products. You have a breadth of consumer product experience by leveraging your superpower of creating simple and clear experience to improve our consumers' relationship with payments and money. You’re opinionated about product direction down to the pixels and words, and are relentless about improving the experience. Which results in a win-win-win for our users, merchant and Affirm.
You partner well with design leadership: design, research and content to ensure cohesion across the design organization and help drive internal cultural change to champion our users.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design work for consumer growth
- Work through complex and ambiguous situations to clarity and focus
- Support with prioritization of short term to long term results-oriented work that drives impact
- Partner closely with research, content, product management, and to identify opportunities to invest in delightful experiences
- Foster an inclusive environment to allow teams to thrive
- Leverage operational rigor for design using principles, frameworks, to support and guide your team for continuous growth of the function and the product.
What we look for:
- 5+ years experience in consumer product/ux design focused roles
- Strong thought approach to the craft of design informed by user needs
- Ability to turn abstract and ambiguous statements into clear conceptual directions focused, always solving for a user need even if not directly provided
- Ability to scope and plan projects and be accountable for artifacts and deliverables
- Knows how to hold a bar for executional craft and shipping to learn
- Self sufficient and uses leadership and peers to seek out feedback and ideas
- Ability of operational rigor to improve the culture of the team and cross functional partnerships.
- Familiar with working with and contributing to a design system
- A demonstrated portfolio of your work thinking strategically across multiple consumer experience and shipping successful in-app/web experiences in a fast-paced environment. (Required)
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.