Senior Product Designer, Merchant Growth at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
We’re looking for a Senior Growth Product Designer who is an expert in growth methodologies to own and grow the merchant funnel, lead by example, inspiring the next generation of digital product designers along the way.
We look for product designers who are passionate about serving the often neglected demographic of lower-income, value-conscious consumers by designing better experiences for our sellers. All product designers on the team touch every dimension of the seller experience and have an influential voice in determining the future business and design strategy at Wish. We are challenged by leadership to disrupt both existing work processes and thriving business models, to envision and build the future of affordable shopping.
Not located in the Bay Area? Remote work is acceptable! (*US, Canada, and Europe)
What you'll do as a Senior Growth Product Designer
- Partner cross-functionally with Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, Engineers, Content Strategists, & Data Scientists, to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new product features and services.
- Ideate products from scratch and improve features within a user-centered design process.
- Apply the full breadth of your design skillset through copywriting, visual design, user research, and interactive design.
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners.
- Execute in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity.
What you should bring to the table as a Senior Growth Product Designer
- This isn't your first rodeo and you enjoy taking a hypothesis-driven approach to test your assumptions by conducting meaningful experiments.
- You take it even one step further, to measure the success of your outcomes by A/B testing conversion rates, funnel drop-offs, active engagement, revenue increase and more.
- Humanize data by stitching disparate data points together to form a structured user narrative.
- Explore new opportunities to expand our product by thinking outside the proverbial box. You understand that growth is designed, not hacked.
- Analytics software is as much a part of your toolkit as design software
- Your intellectual curiosity is foundational to your design process. You love learning about the business and product strategy to help you ideate new and exciting growth opportunities.
- Brainstorming and coming up with ideas is in your DNA. Better yet, collaborating with cross-functional partners to brainstorm new experiment ideas is what really makes you thrive.
- You're completely comfortable with failed experiments. You know that you're willing to be proven wrong on your ideas, but as long as you're learning and iterating, you'll always be winning and moving towards success.
- Ambiguity is a welcomed situation for you, since you know you have the curiosity and data-driven mindset to add clarity to the problems you're solving.
- Demonstrate what great craftsmanship and execution can look like. Your work is a paragon of excellence that galvanizes other designers.
- Mentor and influence the next generation of designers. You are fully invested in their growth and take pride in watching them excel.
- Run experiments, collate results, and conduct share-outs to help the rest of the team make informed design decisions.
A true user advocate:
- Optimize the user experience all the way from conversion and onboarding to long-term engagement and retention.
- Ensure that Wish users are prioritized during every phase of the design process in order to fulfill our mission of making affordable shopping accessible for everyone.
- Communicate the user experience with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, or high fidelity prototypes.
- At least 5+ years of relevant growth design experience or working on two-sided marketplaces
- Have cross-platform design experience (Web, Android, iOS, emails)
- A portfolio highlighting professional projects that demonstrate proficiency in building and optimizing digital products for revenue and user growth.
- Have contributed as a design advocate and a strong collaborator with product managers and engineers throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Have shipped product
- Excellent communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.