UI / UX Designer at Addepar
Addepar is looking for a talented Mid-Level UI designer to create visually stunning and highly intuitive products that will bridge the gap between our prospect and client user experiences. We’re looking for a strong digital thinker who loves the challenge of turning tough problems into beautiful, smart, and engaging experiences for the web. You will work directly with our creative leaders to create innovative and thoughtful design and user experiences for stakeholders in cross functional roles as well as our clients.
This top talent will have extensive experience working with brands to design interactive web platforms. General responsibilities will include design research, strategy, and implementation for a wide-range of digital—and occasionally print—projects.Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop detailed sitemaps and wireframes for highly interactive interfaces across multiple platforms; this individual will be heavily involved in site concept development, planning, and user experience processes for our Corporate website and Product Engagement Resources
- Work closely with Creative Director, writers, brand designers, photographers, and developers to create and execute projects from start to finish
- Partner with other cross-functional stakeholders to deliver initiatives collaboratively
- Promote creative improvement and contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Provide input during creative meetings and collaborating with design and development teams
- Maintain consistent creative quality and award winning work across digital projects
- Help push our brand expression forward with fresh, inventive ideas and astonishingly beautiful executions
- Create innovative digital experiences and impressive design solutions
- Create custom animation features to illustrate data and messaging in an impactful way
- Build out design compositions
- Performing design research
- Run quality control testing of designs
- Prepare files and assets for web
- Relevant diploma in related field
- 5-7 years of experience (post-college graduation) with a strong portfolio
- Significant experience collaborating with developers and knowledge of design for digital best practices
- Design obsessive, with excellent foundation in typography, layout, color and design principles
- Attention to detail and impeccable execution across structure, layout, interactivity and web
- Solid understanding of search engine optimization principles
- In-depth understanding of HTML and CSS, capabilities of web browsers, Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), etc.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience with file and asset organization
- Information architecture experience
- Capable of multi-tasking multiple concurrently running creative projects and initiatives
- Willingness to accept and incorporate feedback
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized, sticks to a project timeline
- Basic working knowledge of animation
- A great collaborator with a positive outlook—no grouches.
- After Effects -motion graphics/animated content
- Video editing experience
- Software Proficiency
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, etc.)
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.