Engineering Manager, Backend (Trading) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead the Trading Engineering team. We build robust, fault tolerant and highly scalable systems which transact daily with capital partners to provide continuous liquidity for our lending products. This means finding a source of funding for every individual loan and allocating, pricing, and settling this automatically and at scale.
Affirm is growing fast and we want you to guide the team to scale our products to 10x and beyond through building world-class systems which enable Affirm in its mission to provide honest financial products which improve lives.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What you'll do
- Lead, mentor, and grow an engineering team responsible for a mission critical part of Affirm’s foundation
- Work closely with finance, legal, compliance, and partner engineering teams to solve unique problems which enable Affirm’s growth
- Design and develop robust instrumented services and data pipelines which are capable of handling scale while adhering to strict SLAs
- Design and develop systems which provide our Capital team with flexibility to transact with any capital partner on-time and at scale
- Automate away complexity and risk
What we look for
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better.
- Prior experience growing and managing an engineering team.
- Fluency in back end development.
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex products.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to hire and build teams.
- Prior experience with financial systems and capital markets is a plus.
- Prior experience with full stack development or building internal tools is a plus.