Engineering Manager, Experiment Platform at Reddit
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Our Experiment & Rollout framework has been used by our Product and Engineering teams to run thousands of experiments in order to ensure that we fully understand our users and create the best possible experiences, as well as to rollout thousands of features in a safe, appropriate way. We have consolidated these experiments to a single framework, which has reached scale and adoption. In 2020 we are searching for a leader to own the Experiment Platform and to build out a team to transform it into a world-class framework, capable of even greater scale and effectiveness. As the Engineering Manager for Experimentation, you will leverage state of the art technology and methods to lead this effort to enhance the success and understanding of our products across our extremely diverse and rapidly growing user base.
How You’ll Have Impact
As the 6th largest site on the internet Reddit has dramatic scale but at 500 employees our you won’t be stuck making small incremental gains on enterprise systems. You will create organization-wide capabilities to run more advanced experiments and create publishable quality research, leverage complex testing and optimization algorithms to grow revenue, and produce more robust results faster to help teams increase their velocity and effectiveness, you’re going to have a lot of fun working at Reddit.
What You’ll Learn
Network experimentation at scale is the cutting edge of the experiment space. In this role you’ll develop industry-leading ideas on systems that operate on extremely rare scale. You will determine the future of a product running across the entire company while impacting both Redditors and Advertisers.
You will work side by side with a world-class org of Engineering, ML, Search, Data Science, Data Warehouse, and Analytics practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making and product creation. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in experimentation, statistical frameworks, machine learning, deep learning, and causal inference.
- Architect and design the Experiment Framework at Reddit
- Grow a team to support and execute on the vision of the framework and of Reddit
- Create a wide-variety of mechanisms to efficiently experiment across product features, ML algorithms, search relevance, advertising, and more
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy.
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges
- 1+ years of experience building and managing engineering teams
- 4+ years of experience developing production code in a Software Engineering role
- Understanding and passion for the power of experimentation with a focus on creating high-quality work in the space
- Experience working on internal tools at scale
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.