Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Partner Platforms team at Affirm builds best-in-class integrations with various commerce partners to unlock the ability to offer Affirm on their platforms. A well executed partnership can bring tremendous value to Affirm merchants and enable entire new markets for the company. Your team will represent Affirm’s software engineering team and technology to partners, like Shopify, Magento, Wix, Stripe, other payment gateways to build these partnership integrations.
We are looking for a highly motivated manager to help expand this team and lead our technical partner landscape and strategy!
What you'll do
- Lead a team focused on commerce platform development, providing technical leadership for the team while having a detailed understanding of our business, internal and external partner’s roadmaps
- Collaborate closely with product, other engineering teams to evolve our roadmap for existing and novel API solutions
- Build relationships with people across Engineering, Partnerships and other organizations to jointly make decisions vital to deliver a high-quality, reliable, robust product and services
- Coach and mentor employees to increase their impact through regular performance development and feedback conversations to build first in class partner integrations
- Plan, design, communicate and implement reliable, scalable and extensible software systems
- Cultivate a respectful and supportive environment for all the team members to encourage autonomy, transparency, high degree of craftsmanship and personal growth
What we look for
- 4-6+ years of proven experience as a software engineer role with leadership responsibilities and 2+ year as an engineering manager
- Seeks out new opportunities, drives projects, and navigates ambiguity with grit
- Proficient in full-stack development; Ability to write/read quality code in at least one major programming language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of influencing internal and external stakeholders to stay on schedule
- Humble and authentic leadership which places the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible
- Nice to have: Previous experience working with in-store point of sale, e-commerce platforms, payment gateways systems, architecting, building, launching and maintaining sophisticated products
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.