Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
Chime is looking for an engineering leader to help manage and guide one of the technology groups responsible for powering our bank-account features, mobile applications, platforms, service architecture, and third-party integrations. This team is responsible for major components of new feature development and the scalability of Chime’s infrastructure as we accelerate our growth.
- Work closely with our engineering leaders to Identify bottlenecks in our existing software infrastructure and guide the team through a path forward to improve and scale it. Ensure that technical decisions support our quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security goals.
- Design, develop, test, and scale new and existing consumer product features.
- Build, lead and hire a high-caliber team of software engineers to solve these problems while being hands on. Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement. Establish a sense of urgency and direction, set expectations with team and individuals.
- Establish team objectives in alignment with business goals. Work very closely with the Product Managers to launch solutions for the users.
- Contribute to overall engineering initiatives as a member of Chime’s engineering leadership team.
- Have experience with our tech stack: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, and Service Oriented Architectures.
- An experienced software engineer and an effective people manager.
- Interested in pushing the envelope to explore new technologies and architectures that can have a large return on investment.
- You enjoy learning and diving into the deepest levels of how things work.
- Love to make a huge difference at a growing start-up.
- Ability to motivate a team through delivery on aggressive schedules and goals.
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.